Center for Engineering and Environmental Studies
The Center’s primary goal is to establish ties between UOB, the public and the job market. Another goal is to provide the opportunity for faculty members to translate their expertise into practice, and for students to practically develop their learning experience. The Center will seek to accomplish these goals by providing design solutions, ideas, advice, and research for engineering projects and problems at an affordable rate.
The Center has acted sometimes as a sub-consultant and at other times as the main consultant for the design of general civil, structural, electrical, mechanical and other engineering discipline works for several projects. Some of the engineering projects include:
- Female Dorms Building, 2005
- Faculty Housing Buildings, 2001
- UOB Parking Garage, 2000
- School of Business Building , 2000
- Structural Reinforcement of “Beit El-Mehzi”, 2000
- Water main from Hrayché to UOB, 1999-2000
- Periphery Road across the University, 1999-2000
- Engineering Workshop Building (Shikhani Building ), 1999-2000
Students were involved in the design of some of the projects. Students benefit from the Center by developing their skills by doing projects in parallel with the design undertaken by the faculty, and sometimes in helping to a great extent in the engineering design process.