SWaTH Administrative Assistant
Chair for Clinical Departments at the Mount Lebanon Hospital – Balamand University Medical Center
The story of Chemical Engineering at the University of Balamand (UOB) started in 2008 as the first Chemical Engineering program and department in Lebanon. The Chemical Engineering Department at UOB has grown exponentially to host many states of the art laboratories. Teaching is delivered by highly qualified faculty and staff members and the research at the department is of high caliber attracting major European funding and active collaboration with highly ranked institutions leading to peer-review publications in major scientific journals. In line with this, Dr. Makram El Bachawati has been successful in acquiring a major European ERASMUS+ grant, which will be managing and coordinating for capacity building in higher education entitled "Sustainable Wastewater Treatment for Hospitals / SWaTH". SWaTH project has a total budget of almost 1 million euros, and it is in partnership with 6 European institutions and 5 Lebanese higher education institutions.
The Faculty of Engineering at UOB prides itself of being leader in engineering education and research and played a key role in the recent ascension of the University of Balamand to second in Lebanon in the prestigious QS 2021 World University Rankings and the first University in Lebanon for the QS 2021 World University Rankings Young Universities under the age of 50.
The SWaTH project within the Chemical Engineering Department at the Faculty of Engineering is inviting nominations and applications to fill up the position of Administrative Assistant to ensure the efficient organization of the SWaTH project and the execution of all its tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
SWaTH Administrative Assistant.
Chemical Engineering Department, University of Balamand (main campus), Lebanon.
“Sustainable Wastewater Treatment for Hospitals / SWaTH” project coordinator.
Full-time for the total duration of the project (36 months in the first instance)
We are looking for a full-time responsible administrative assistant for the E+CBHE SWaTH project to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The administrative assistant will serve as an initial point of contact, where she/he will deal with people from a wide variety of levels, from students to professors and even University presidents. Therefore, all duties must be completed accurately and delivered confidentially and with high quality and in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Skills and Qualifications
- - Ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day office needs (e.g. answering phone calls, contacting the partners, following up the e-forms etc.).
- - Friendly, positive disposition with willingness to support the coordinator, managers, leaders, board, and committees to ensure efficient organization and communication.
- - Develop and maintain appropriate computer and manual filing/archiving systems.
- - Maintain confidential and time sensitive material in all circumstances.
- - Ensure that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- - Schedule meetings and take detailed and accurate minutes.
- - Write letters and emails on behalf of the project coordinator.
- - Coordinate internal and external events, workshops, seminars, and special events.
- - Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- - Prepare invoices and follow up with suppliers.
- - Organize and schedule appointments.
- - Greet and provide general support to visitors related to the project.
- - Manage and updates the social media accounts of the project (Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- - Carry out clerical duties such as printing out, typing, copying, and scanning on behalf of other colleagues.
- - Deal with people from a wide variety of levels, from students to professors and even University presidents.
- - Handle administrative requests and face to face enquiries.
- - Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- - Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- - Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills (French and/or Spanish desirable).
- - Proficiency in Microsoft Office including, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- - Experience in coordinating meetings/events for large groups with minimal direction and supervision.
- - Able to communicate and work effectively from a home/remote office location using various online tools.
- - Able to work with minimal direct supervision.
- - Maintain records with a high degree of accuracy.
- - Hold a minim of a BS degree in a relevant discipline (MS desirable).
- - Flexible and able to adapt to changes in tasks with professionalism.
- - Work independently and as part of a team.
If you would like to have an informal chat to enquire about the vacancy, please contact Dr Makram Bachawati, SWaTH Project Coordinator, at email@example.com
to arrange a suitable online appointment.
Applications available at http://www.balamand.edu.lb/AboutUOB/Pages/JobOpportunities.aspx
Documents required for a complete application are a letter of interest indicating the vacancy and an up to date resume (CV). Application materials will only be accepted if submitted online
to both The Office of Human Resources
and The Faculty of engineering
Deadline for application submittal for this opening is 29 January 2021 4pm
. Required documents:
- - Curriculum Vitae
- - Motivation Letter
- - The names of three referees along with their contact details
Interviews will take place early February.
Associate or Full professor level in Clinical Psychology - Department of Psychology
Ranked Second Best University in Lebanon according to the QS University World Ranking 2021, the University of Balamand is joining efforts with the Mount Lebanon Hospital – Balamand University Medical Center (MLH-BUMC), that has become the newly affiliated university hospital for medical education and clinical training at our Faculty of Medicine. MLH – BUMC is a JCI accredited tertiary care medical center, expanding its capacity to over 400 beds by July 2020.
Accordingly, the University of Balamand Faculty of Medicine invites nominations and applications for the position of Chair for the following clinical departments at the Mount Lebanon Hospital – Balamand University Medical Center:
- • Department of Surgery
- • Department of Medicine
- • Department of Pediatrics
- • Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
- • Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- • Department of Anesthesia
- • Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- • Department of Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- • Department of Ophthalmology
- • Department of Psychiatry & Clinical Psychology
- • Department of Radiation Oncology
- • Department of Dermatology
Our aim is to enrich the quality of human life by improvement of health, advancement of medical and scientific knowledge, and creation of an environment for professional preparation of individuals dedicated to health care service.
The appointed Chair will bring proven leadership skills to the position, will have a strong sense for how to manage all three missions, will have the ability to lead through change in a collegial manner, and be able to successfully leverage the many collaborative opportunities that exist at the University and at MLH – BUMC.
Candidates should hold an MD, MD/PhD, or equivalent, be American or European board certified or equivalent, and will have academic credentials appropriate for appointment at the academic rank of Associate, or Professor in the specialty. Demonstrated leadership in academic medicine and health care is required.
The position will remain open until filled, and all communications will be kept in strict confidence.
Please send your nominations to the Medical Dean’s Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Required application documents :
- • CV
- • Cover Letter
- • Three Letters of references
The Faculty of Arts and Sciences at the University of Balamand (UOB) is currently seeking applicants at the Associate or Full professor level in Clinical Psychology. The position is effective September, 2020. A PhD or a PsyD is required and clinical experience with outpatient and/or inpatient populations is desirable. The successful candidate will teach graduate and undergraduate courses, supervise and examine graduate theses. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellence in scholarly research and have a publication record. The language of instruction is English.
Compensation is internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health insurance assistance, end-of-service indemnity, and assistance with children's education.
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae along with a letter of interest and contact information for at least 3 referees to email@example.com