Ranked Second Best University in Lebanon according to the QS University World Ranking 2021, the University of Balamand is joining efforts with the Mount Lebanon Hospital – Balamand University Medical Center (MLH-BUMC), that has become the newly affiliated university hospital for medical education and clinical training at our Faculty of Medicine. MLH – BUMC is a JCI accredited tertiary care medical center, expanding its capacity to over 400 beds by July 2020.
Accordingly, the University of Balamand Faculty of Medicine invites nominations and applications for the position of Chair for the following clinical departments at the Mount Lebanon Hospital – Balamand University Medical Center:
- • Department of Surgery
• Department of Medicine
• Department of Pediatrics
• Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
• Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Department of Anesthesia
• Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
• Department of Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
• Department of Ophthalmology
• Department of Psychiatry & Clinical Psychology
• Department of Radiation Oncology
• Department of Dermatology
Our aim is to enrich the quality of human life by improvement of health, advancement of medical and scientific knowledge, and creation of an environment for professional preparation of individuals dedicated to health care service.
The appointed Chair will bring proven leadership skills to the position, will have a strong sense for how to manage all three missions, will have the ability to lead through change in a collegial manner, and be able to successfully leverage the many collaborative opportunities that exist at the University and at MLH – BUMC.
Candidates should hold an MD, MD/PhD, or equivalent, be American or European board certified or equivalent, and will have academic credentials appropriate for appointment at the academic rank of Associate, or Professor in the specialty. Demonstrated leadership in academic medicine and health care is required.
The position will remain open until filled, and all communications will be kept in strict confidence.
Please send your nominations to the Medical Dean’s Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Required application documents :
- • CV
- • Cover Letter
- • Three Letters of references
The Faculty of Arts and Sciences at the University of Balamand (UOB) is currently seeking applicants at the Associate or Full professor level in Clinical Psychology. The position is effective September, 2020. A PhD or a PsyD is required and clinical experience with outpatient and/or inpatient populations is desirable. The successful candidate will teach graduate and undergraduate courses, supervise and examine graduate theses. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellence in scholarly research and have a publication record. The language of instruction is English.
Compensation is internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health insurance assistance, end-of-service indemnity, and assistance with children's education.
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae along with a letter of interest and contact information for at least 3 referees to email@example.com
UNIVERSITY OF BALAMAND - FACULTY OF MEDICINE AND MEDICAL SCIENCES
The University of Balamand, Faculty of Medicine and Medical Sciences is seeking applicants for academic appointment at the rank of Assistant and / or Associate Professor in the Department of Biomedical Sciences. Applicants are needed in the specialties of Biochemistry and Genetics, Microbiology including Bacteriology and / or Virology, Immunology, and Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
- • To contribute to the development and achievement of the Faculty of Medicine.
• To work in accordance with the UOB values and standards in line with the UOB policies and procedures.
• To provide our students with world class education and an excellent learning experience.
• To maintain their own professional development.
- • Teaching: teaching activities include giving lectures and small group discussion to medical and graduate students, directing projects, assisting with student research and internships. Applicants are expected to mentor and advise students on their development, including choices relating to academic program, research projects and career direction. They will participate in the development and revision of curriculum offered.
• Research, scholarly work, and innovation: applicants are expected to pursue scholarly research and publication in peer-reviewed journals, and / or presentations at conferences and symposia. They also provide high quality post graduate supervision.
• Service: applicants may be asked to serve the Faculty on administrative committees and in student advising.
Interested applicants should hold a PhD or MD/PhD degrees in the field or related fields from a reputable University. In addition, they should have completed at least two years of postdoctoral training in the specialty. They should have proven experience in teaching and research, and a significant publication record is a plus.
Please send your CV and letter of intent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Positions will be open until filled.