Executive Masters in Business Administration (EMBA)
What is the EMBA degree?
The EMBA, themed ‘Navigating Crises’, is a highly sought after degree at the Faculty of Business and Management. The program equips the students with updated skills and competencies needed to navigate an ever-changing and complex world.
Who benefits from the EMBA degree?
The program targets seasoned managers and entrepreneurs in their mid to late careers who need to update their leadership and managerial skills to generate positive changes in their organizations.
What are the characteristics of the EMBA degree?
The EMBA degree uses a module-based program spanning over a period of one and a half years. There are 19 modules, each representing a two-credit course (with the exception of the first module, Thrive and let Thrive, which is a three-credit course). Each month, the students register for a module that typically spans over three consecutive days (usually Thursdays to Saturdays).
How long does it take to complete the EMBA degree?
Since there are 19 modules, and since each module is offered once a month, it takes 19 months to complete the EMBA degree (about a year and a half).
In order to be eligible to apply to the EMBA program at UOB, you must:
- • Have a bachelor degree licensed from the Ministry of Education.
- • Have five years of Managerial Experience.
- • Have submitted a formal application with all required documents.
Prospective EMBA students must submit a completed and signed application form, available online on http://sis.balamand.edu.lb/pls/apex/f?p=100:101
, or as hard copy from the Office of Admissions and Registration
The Required Documents needed to apply to the EMBA program
For More Information
- • Certified copy of the bachelor’s degree and an official transcript.
- • Diploma equivalence from the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- • Two recommendation letters: one from thesis’ supervisor and one from a previous or current employer.
- • Employment Verification letters (5 years of managerial experience required).
- • Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- • An interview with the admission committee of the EMBA program.
- • Three recent passport-size photographs.
- • A photocopy of your Identity Card or Passport.
- • Evidence of English Language Proficiency, i.e., TOEFL or IELTS (a minimum of 527 on the paper-based TOEFL, or 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL, or 5.5 on the IELTS exam).
- • An application fee (TBD)
The decision about admission will be published on the website (Prospective Students -> Student Applicants 20-21) two weeks after the application is completed and received by the Office of Admissions and Registration.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. George Rahbani, EMBA program coordinator:
+961 6930250 Ext. 5708; email@example.com
Mrs. Nathalie Nasr, Administrative Assistant
+961 6930250 Ext. 5702; firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Mira Jabbour, Executive Secretary, Dean’s Office
+961 6930250 Ext. 3851; email@example.com