INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD (IAB)
The International Advisory Board of the Faculty of Health Sciences consists of honorary members selected from leading international universities engaged in health sciences education and research and national authorities in the field. The IAB advises the Dean on all academic developments and on the strategic growth of the Faculty including fundraising. PURPOSE OF IAB
• To engage FHS in international developments in education and research especially as they relate to benchmarking, accreditation, opportunities for collaborative research and sponsored projects, doctoral studies, and student and faculty exchanges.
- • To contribute to strategic planning for the further development and internationalization of the FHS teaching and research programs.
- • To facilitate faculty development by providing opportunities for faculty exchange and student at international universities.
- • To advise the dean on fundraising issues as deemed necessary.
The members of the IAB are:
- o Antonia M. Villarruel, PhD, RN, FAAN, the Margaret Bond Simon Dean of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, USA.
- o Professor Annemie Schols, Dean Faculty of Health, Medicine, and Life Sciences, University of Maastricht, the Netherlands.
- o Patricia Davidson, PhD, Med, RN, FAAN, Vice-Chancellor, University of Wollongong, Australia.
- o Richard Calderone, PhD, Chair and Professor Microbiology and Immunology and Director of the MS Degree Program in Biomedical Science Policy & Advocacy, Georgetown University Medical Center.
- o Abraham Goldberg, inaugural executive director of the James Madison Center for Civic Engagement.
- o Rana A. Hajjeh, M.D., Director, Program Management (DPM), WHO/EMRO, Cairo, Egypt.
- o Ellen McKenzie, PhD, Dean, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University
- o An elected FHS department chair to represent the Faculty